Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
There are six things very wrong with my life:
1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
2. It is on my nose
3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.
4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.
5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.
In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Joness Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, its Fabbity fab fab!
Louise Rennison dead: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging author dies
Your parents are fighting, you might have to move, and boys just ignore you. At least your cat loves you. Watch trailers & learn more.
ted williams book golden voice
Check out where the Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging cast are now:
This was no Judy Blume, where any in-depth explorations of being a teen or exploring oneself as a sexual being were tucked safely in the pages. It was right there on the cover. I was hooked almost instantly. Georgia, our protagonist, took me through the world of prep school England, rife with friends, hallway nemeses, dreamy lead singers and embarrassments at nearly every turn. Louise Rennison wrote a world that was relatable and yet so far beyond what I saw as my quaint provincial suburban Long Island life. Very sad to hear that the great YA writer Louise Rennison has died.