Guinness World Records 2010: The Book of the Decade by Craig GlendayGuinness World Records 2010 continues to build on the intriguing, informative, inspiring and instructional records and superlatives that have made Guinness World Records one of the most famous brands and an annual best-seller around the world. Over 100 million copies have sold since the first edition was published in 1955. Nearly 4 million copies are sold every year in more than 100 countries and in 25 languages. Whats new in GWR10?... - Free downloadable content, including videos, photographs, screensavers and interviews
- 100% new photographs and fully updated records
- Brilliant new steampunk graphic novel design
- New sections and record threads celebrating the first decade of the 21st century
- Top 50 Records of the Decade
- Record of the Day - one for every day of the year
- Unbreakable Records (those that will seemingly never be broken)
- Lasts (records such as the last living survivor of the Titanic disaster, or the last known dodo)
- The Names Bond (celebrating the James Bond phenomenon)
- Culture Shock (unusual rituals and festivals around the globe)
- Gold (the commodity that never loses its luster)
- Updated gazetteer sections covering records in all major regions of the world
- Fully updated regular sections, including Space, Planet Earth, The Animal Planet, The Body, Human Achievements, Engineering and Technology, The Modern World, Arts and the Media and, of course, Sports.
70-year-old man read more than 5,000 books within 8 years
Guinness World Records related to books and reading (infographic)
You probably know, or at least can guess with a big chance of the right answer, which book sold most copies in the first 24 hours after the release. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , to be exact. The book was launched on July 21, , selling 8. It equals almost , copies per hour! Over ten years have passed, and the book still holds the record. Do you know who the youngest person to write a published book is?
Chat or rant, adult content, spam, insulting other members, show more. Harm to minors, violence or threats, harassment or privacy invasion, impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing, show more.
list of 2013 science fiction books
Today marks World Book Day, an annual event designed to encourage parents to read to their children. As well as hundreds of reading events taking place around the world, many schools have also been marking the event by encouraging pupils to dress up as their favourite characters from literature, with Harry Potter and the Gruffalo being among the most popular costumes. It was published in August by Pantheon Books. Staff from United Biscuits UK sales team marked their annual sales conference earlier this year by successfully toppling an arrangement of 5, Guinness World Records annuals at Old Windsor in Berkshire. Check out the record-breaking topple in the player below, and read more about the attempt here. The attempt took 6 hours and 33 minutes to complete.
How would if feel having to do the same thing for hours non-stop? What it that action is one that would earn you a world record? What started as a dream of a young Nigerian man is now reality. Boyade Treasures-Oluwunmi over the weekend earned the world record for the longest marathon reading. His over hours loud reading with two hours break spread over every 24 hours meant that he surpasses a record set in Bayode read for hours 5 days , taking only a 2 hour break every 24 hours. ReadWithBayode pic.